05 April 2010

i'm glad i was sitting down when i got that email

these are the words that spencer wrote when he got my email about getting my mission papers.
i'll always love spencer rand swalberg
What about Olivia, I just found out, shes been writing me emails, never could have guessed, whats been goin on. I just barely read it, it blew me away, but now aint the time to worry about a thing. I´ve been real worried about the future, what im gonna do, where im gonna work or what im gonna study, maybe even come home early just to get ahead. A little while ago I talked to our president about this, he told me that there is no better school than the mission field, he told me to forget about the future, the harder I work here the better my future will be. Today is the most important day of my life, im gonna keep working as hard as I can. I remember hearing mom talking on the talk tape crying, saying that she would have served a mission if she knew… All I know is that I wanna live with God, I wanna see All of my friends and family there, I know that I cant make it there alone, but, if I have to wait more, i´ll wait. Everybody knows Im in love, it aint no secret. My words to Olivia:Just follow the Spirit, I love you. Stay green.
xoxo, olivia

4 comments:

  1. that kid!!! i knew he would react just this way! amen to that, just follow the spirit! love you and spinners mucho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. favorite parts: 'Everybody knows Im in love, it ain't no secret'

    'the harder I work here the better my future will be'

    'she would have served a mission if she knew'

    'all i know is that i wanna live with God..I know I can't make it there alone.'

    'I'll wait'

    but, the best part:
    Just follow the Spirit, I love you.

    That, my first born in the wilderness, is an amazing missionary. We will be praying for you like crazy, either answer is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to your sweet sisters :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow girl this is getting me all emotional, what a sweet guy you have!

    ReplyDelete