06 October 2009

please

tell me you wouldn't want him for a son
(this is the email spencer sent his mom after he saw her sing in gen. conf. this weekend)
MOM I SAW YOU!!!!!!!
 in real live action! Mom you´re lookin good, you´re lookin real real good, Way to go dad. 
Mom you´re so skinny these days and you´re hair is gettin so long. 
Good job mom, good job, Allie, good job! You girls slayed it. 
I was freakin out, tellin everybody, the whole world. 
I was pointing, im just so blasted proud. The close up of allie was mega intense. 
Mom you better not sell out and forget about us little people. 
Really mom lemme just tell ya that was tops. 
but i do admit i was expecting you to wave your arms at me mom,
 i was wavin my arms at you.
 maybe next time right? You stole my heart mom
you can tell a whole lot about a person by how they treat their mother
& now tell me you don't just love this kid.

2 comments:

  1. That really is the cutest thing ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss MJ and Allie??? Alexis even said that she saw them...what a tender mercy for a lonely little missionary down south. I used to brag about my ancestor Joel writing the hymn 'high on a mountain top,' but that doesn't hold a candle to seeing your mom and sis on the big screen!!!
    When Jon was down in Argentina, he was in a church building when he looked up, saw a picture of a family reading the scriptures. He thought to himself, man that looks like my mom. He got up for a closer look and sure enough...it was fickle Faye Wade!!! Back in the 70s she was a "model" for the church:)

    His tribute to his mom: what a great insight into his sweet little soul.

    ReplyDelete